Sunday, April 27, 2014

Best of Times - BFS Reveal Part 2

Merry Monday!

I've just had a pretty tough weekend managing the boys on my own as the husband has gone on one of his teaching trips. Scuba-diving teaching that is. And it makes me absolutely jealous because my own last dive trip was almost 3 years ago in the Maldives, just before we conceived No. 2. Anyhow, I'm still glad to be alive, sharing with you another layout I created for Blue Fern Studios.


I'm part of a local scrappers community and one of the topics that came up was using watercolour paper vs cardstock. Needless to say, that inspired me to do away with patterned paper and cardstock and pull out my (very) dusty watercolour pad for some fun. And instead of my usual spraying, every color was applied on either with a brush, palette knife, stencil or stamp. The idea for the colours came from a piece of kitchen towel that I had used to blot off excess sprays from a previous project. I find it so amazing sometimes, how the smallest things can give us such wonderful inspiration.


I've used the Best of Times frame from the Memory Frame Set (BFS) and just brushed distress ink over and doubled it up as a title. The brown made it stand out from a sea of brights and pastels.



Shabby brick bits! One of my favourite BFS chippies and these are the last ones I have currently in my stash. My package of Shimmerz goodies came just in time and I had fun plastering on THREE different Texturez - Tidy Widy (thanks to a teamie's recommendation), Crushed Coral and Patina. Love the grainy texture and how beautifully they matched my colours.


Berry stems chippies which I find so useful for tucking into layers and filling up space. I've left the stems bare and put some Tutti Frutti Dazzlers on the berries.


So that's it for today. I'll be back soon with more crafty adventures!

love,

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout. Love the soft colours and the contrast of the brown ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photos is wonderful and what amazing background work!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!