Friday, April 25, 2014

she wanted to fly - BFS Reveal 1

Happy weekend friends!

Thanks for dropping by the blog today. I'm sharing a layout I created for Blue Fern Studios, using their fantastic chippie and some papers from 7 Dots Studio's Cold Country. The papers were left over from the Flying Unicorn's April KOM which I had previously used for my DT work for Once Upon a Sketch.


I liked a painting I saw in a cafe located on the ground floor of my office building. I won't go into the quality of the food (it's terrible, by the way) but the painting was quite something - with only two colours; aqua and pink. I told myself I had to make something with those colours. So I snapped a picture and tried to match the colours with my stash of paints and sprays. Times like this, it pays to be a hoarder :D

I added yellow subsequently because I like the punch it gives and when blended with the aqua, it gave a nice green. And after all the splashing about, I realised this belongs in an art journal. Maybe it is time to get started on one!


The Page Chains from BFS which I did simple heat embossing.


I'm not a rub-on person, but the sayings that came along in the FU kit were too fun to resist. There's also a piece of Manor Hinge chippie which I embossed with two different colored EPs for a burnished metal look.


Wing chippie - the main inspiration. I used a peacock feather stencil on this one with some texture paste and painted over with both pink and purple Shimmerz. Then I added glitter to the edges. Silly me finished off with my heat gun, thinking that it's EP... 


A lovely metal bird that came in the FU kit. Love it. 


Love how the pink and aqua blended to give a beautiful violet and lilac. 

That's all for today. I'll be back in a couple of days with Part 2 of my BFS reveal. 
Happy crafting!

love,

6 comments:

  1. I am loving your daring play with all the inks and colours...awesome textures as well...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Jelissa. Superb background. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Those layers of deliciousness...stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you friends for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could look at this all day... so much to explore and appreciate. Stunning layout.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!