Monday, July 14, 2014

Prima July BAP

Happy Monday friends!

How has your weekend been? I'm in today to share my entry for Prima's Build-A-Page challenge. I havn't had the time for challenges and this one was created on a whim, almost didn't even finish it. But anyway, here is the sketch:



And my Prima-based project:


I mixed papers from a few collections: Something Blue, Delight and also Fairy Rhymes. It's quite amazing to see how versatile these papers are across different themes and colour schemes. I didn't really quite stick to the sketch, but instead flipped it and shifted my title down to next to the photo.

Also, you can't quite see it here but I actually covered up my very first layer of the background. Some misting and masking gone wrong and I buttered some 13@rts acrylic primer over. The result is quite cute actually; I had a very soft white-washed and pink-tinted base for the subsequent new background I was going to create. The acrylic primer has got to be my best friend now! 


A wood piece and resist canvas butterfly, layered on top of a Prima flower (this is one half of it, the other half is tucked in another cluster). The masking was done using Ayeeda Acrylic Modeling Paste over a Prima stencil, and misted with Ayeeda Chalk Mist in Pastel Green.




More Prima resins, wood shape and flowers. 

That's all I have for today, thanks for dropping by!

love,


3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes....I have a particular white paint that is my BF for 'creating' new bgs, LOL!!!! Waste not...as they say! That 'love' word looks fab there...& the rips....yum!!!! Aaah...time.....I want MORE;) Just not enough hours in the day to scrap atm...so I feel for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!