Thursday, October 9, 2014

Color Splash Fun for Marion Smith Designs

Hello friends!

I'm up on the Marion Smith Designs blog today to share a layout I created using the Mad Tea Party collection.


That's a photo of eldest playing with bubbles and I have edited the photo for a saturated look. Using my 13arts mediums and some Twinkling H2Os, I created a colourful background to match the tones in the photo. 

Some close-ups: 


A balloon stamp from the Flying High stamp set. I misted the stamp and pressed it down on a scrap piece from the Garment District papers. Then it doing the outline in black with a Faber-Castell Big Brush pen to get more defined lines, and stamping it over the first image. This was followed by some masking and misting, and more stamping with a small motif stamp from the same set. The little metal balloon is also from Junque and Gems.


A white resin flower which I misted with Ayeeda Chalk mist to give it a peach tinge. I also built up layers under my photo using cut-outs from the Cut and Create sheet, also from the Mad Tea Party collection. Tucked under that, and also my title are some chipboard pieces from Blue Fern Studios (Ups and Downs Panel, and Chunky Words)

And that's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by!

love,

3 comments:

  1. I know you said on FB not your usual style but I actually think it is. I love the vibrant colours and cool design.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!