Friday, August 28, 2015

Discover with 13@rts and an entry for SATW

Hello friends!

I'm up on the 13@rts blog today to share a layout I created, based on the current mood board at Scrap Around the World. When I'm in a creative rut I like to check out the current challenges around and that helps me to get things started.

Here's this month's mood board:


And my take on it:


What I wanted to capture here was the monotonal quality of the photos in the moodboard, but instead of sepia I chose a really calming blue. I also happened to have a photo of the cross-road sign but it was a compass vane instead which I shot while at Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse and it fitted the theme perfectly. Then it was just a matter of picking out my favourite word as the title. I had a bicycle resin piece somewhere in my stash and this layout was a good reason to use it. Now I should have ended there but couldn't resist sneaking in bits of gold and brown for the lovely sandy beach.

Details in the close-ups:


A lovely paste I made from Magic Powder and Ultramarine Chalk Mist, from 13@rts. The background paper I chose is from my collection Mental Vacation (available at the 13@rts store) and titled Summer Snow. If I hadn't mentioned before, the collection is meant to be a series of places I like to go to in my head when things get a little too overwhelming. One of them is undoubtedly the seaside and summer snow describes the sea foam washing up the sand. Isn't it just perfect for the mood board?


A chipboard from Blue Fern Studios which I used for my title.


That resin bicycle!


A little cloud chipboard from BFS which I also altered.

Here's a start-to-finish video showing how I put this whole layout together. Sit back and enjoy!



love,

7 comments:

  1. magnifique page, merci pour la video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout!! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing texture and lovely layers ♥ Thank You for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love those blues & the little bicycle peeping out is amazing.....Just LOOOOOVE the whole kit and caboodle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So FAbulous Jelissa! I love your interpretation of the mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layout Jelissa! I love everything about it! You have such talent! And thanks for the video always a pleasure watching you create! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page Jelisa, amazing colors and layers. Thanks so much for joining us at SATW this month.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!