Tuesday, November 17, 2015

November inspiration with Made With Love

Hello friends!

I'm glad to be sharing my latest creation for Made With Love after a short break. Today I have a layout for you, made using papers from Blue Fern Studios and Kaisercraft.



This is definitely not my usual color combination, but I love how my DT co-ordinator Aida put together this kit. She must have known what was in my mind and I love it that she's constantly challenging me. This layout is simple enough for most of you with little or no experience with mixed media to put together. The background was simply gesso, followed by stenciling with modeling paste, and coloring over with Distress Stain (Seedless Preserves) and Art Anthology Sorbet paint (Imperial). I watered down the distress stain and used the sorbet paint to add both dimension and texture, as well as the darker gradations in tone for a more varied look.

Some close-ups:



Title snipped from Kaisercraft's Provincial collection, and the typewriter is fussy-cut from Blue Fern Studio's Autumn Anthology collection. I layered those little tags from Kaisercraft as well just to fill out the space.



Tucked behind my layers is a Prima Marketing Paintables. These are thick watercolor paper sheets with designs printed on them and you can color them with your favourite inks - I used watercolor pencils on mine and painted them with water. You can use mists as well or other kinds of transparent pigments.



A die-cut rose montage from Heidi Swapp. It came in plain white so I colored it with Aloha Velvet paint from Art Anthology. Layered undernearth are plain white flowers which I colored with Imperial and Amber sorbet paints.

So that's all I have for today. Hope you like what I've shared.

Supplies used (available from Made With Love):

Art Anthology paints
Blue Fern Studios papers (Autumn Anthology)
Kaisercraft papers (Provincial)
Heidi Swapp die cuts
Prima Marketing Paintables


6 comments:

  1. I really like it - beautiful photo & you've made it shine. I really like the colour combo [& there IS a purpleish colour in there!]. That Heidi Swapp flower is really yummy, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so gorgeous Jelissa! I love the frames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful page! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! I love these colours together,!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is lovely and yes even I could manage this one. I love love love that die cut it is beautiful. Such a lovely photo. Tender moments between daddy and his girl <3

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!