Monday, August 1, 2016

Simply Wonderful with Made With Love


Hello friends!

I'm so glad to be back on the Made With Love team for another year and today I'll be sharing a very simple layout created with lots of goodies you can find at the Made With Love store at 313 Somerset. This page was a really quick one because it was easy to see from the papers in my DT kit, just how I wanted it to be.



I had the gorgeous floral papers from Kaisercraft's Mademoiselle collection, as well as a lovely piece from Prima's Maestro collection that I had used for my background. This was looking like a very light and bright piece dominated by the fussy cut flowers that I had to go easy on the background work. Sometimes people ask me how do I know how I want my mixed media background to look like and what kind of papers to go along with? Most times, it's looking at what you have on hand, deciding on which are the elements that you want to bring out, what products you want to highlight and put the emphasis on those when you create.  The papers I had here were earthy tones with many beautiful details, so it would be a waste to cover them up with too much paint and mediums. In this case, the background really serves as a background - to complement the fussy-cut roses and the chipboards that I wanted to showcase some altering techniques with.

Some details in the close-ups:


Lovely flowers from Prima Marketing that I had altered by first painting with Kaisercraft's acrylic paint in Burgundy and Pink, then dusting some glitter on the stamens. You can also see bits of stenciled details with butterflies in the background - this is done with TCW's butterfly grid stencil. The sentiment was cut out from the info strip from one of the patterned papers.



Postage stamp chipboards from Blue Fern Studios, which I had heat embossed with Tarnished Gold EP, distressed the edges with Walnut Stain and then brushed on a coat of High Impact White Metallic paint from Tattered Angels. This photo doesn't do the shine much justice, but it looks just fabulous IRL!



More of the background details and strips of torn paper I had used to layer up the page.



Title piece made up of a word from Heidi Swapp and a bit from Kaisercraft's be-YOU-ti-ful collection.

That's all I have for today, thanks for dropping by!

Supplies used (available from Made With Love):

Distress Ink: Rangers (Walnut Stain)
Paint: Tattered Angels (High Impact Metallics), Kaisercraft acrylic paint (Burgundy, Pink)
Embossing powder: Rangers (Tarnished Gold)
Papers: Kaisercraft (Mademoiselle), Prima Marketing (Maestro)
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Stencil: The Crafters Workshop
Wooden word title: Heidi Swapp


2 comments:

  1. How sweet is that precious photo of your littlies. They are just the best thing. I know mine keep me so busy... that is half the reason I have no time to play. Lovely layout and congrats on another year on the team. THey are lucky to have you. :D

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!